Friday, March 26, 2010

[Flashback Friday TOP 10] 192. Ornament(al) Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#10: 192. Ornament(al) Skull



I had no idea when I was making this one how popular it would be. In fact this image was actually used without my permission and sold on T-shirts at a major retailer! Luckily a fan in Texas discovered the shirt and with his help and the help of my lawyer I was able to resolve the situation positively. I displayed the documents related to the case at my exhibition After Life and you can spot a bit of bootleg shirt in this photo.

3 comments:

Abby Davis said...

Bootlegging is a big problem with artists. I've seen a lot of my friends' artwork bootlegged...some by major retailers, which is always a huge shock. I'm glad you won your case. This is also one of my favorite skulls.

Follow The Red Brick Road... said...

Oh, I LOVE it, I can understand someone seeing the potential in it and wanting to make it available to people, but it just boils down to stealing being WRONG! That said...do you sell shirts with this design on it? I LOVE it!

Noah said...

Thanks! Actually I did make shirts with it, but they've sold out. Sounds like I may have to do another batch of them though!