Monday, July 12, 2010

Magazine Skeleton

Stephen Rowlette sent us this lovely skeleton bust. Here is his description on how he made it,"Made this from a magazine photo. Just painted over the ladies face. As a makeup artist I always look at the bones under peoples skin. Sometimes you can tell exactly what their skull would look like. Thats what inspired this mixed media free for all."


I'm very girly, so of course the makeup artist making a skull on a magazine (hopefully a fashion one) definitely caught my eye. I love the firey red hair and the facial features of the skull. It looks like she is wearing a sequined top. Maybe she is a Siren, that will lure sailors to their demise. Maybe she is the queen of the Underworld, the right hand woman to the king. She looks powerful and sinister...like many women I know.

No comments: