Monday, November 9, 2009

C-Rations: 0C10111

This week’s offering is Coquelicot.

“In Flander’s Field” approx. 20" X 20" composed of 51 handmade cloth coquelicots

Onze-Onze C says:

In remembrance to all those who have sacrificed for causes they believed in.

* Links In Flander’s Field , Remembrance Day *

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

6 comments:

Noah said...

Lovely! The contrast between the red and green is great.

Quincifer said...

This is lovely, they almost look like poppies - which is very fitting for the UK because it was Remembrance Sunday this weekend, remembering all those UK citizens which gave their life in war.

Spammed Ham said...

The more I looked at this the more it reminded me of cartoon bullet wounds. I am not sure which movie it is from, but I think there is a scene in either "The Wall" or "Heavy Metal" in which someone gets shot and the wounds look like those flowers.

Abby Davis said...

The flowers and design are beautiful. It almost makes me want to plant some flowers in my garden...but then they would just die.

Tatman said...

At first I thought that you had planted these this way and grew them into a live flower skull. This is still a lovely piece and a great theme as well. Kudos!

Kim said...

Beautiful, and very touching.