Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Simulacra - Version 3.43

Earlier this week Tatman declared an end to Winter with his post here. Today’s collection of simulacra are shown in a support of that declaration.

To get us started is Kirsten from Ottawa, Ontario who said: “ I was walking home one evening a couple of weeks ago when I saw this fine specimen of a skull formed from slushy snow on the sidewalk. When I saw him I knew what I had to do - take a pic with my cell phone and email it to you!”


Next up is, Anita who wrote: “On Saturday my brother told me about your site and sent me the link to it. The very next day I found this skull in ice and snow in the little stream that runs through my yard. The nose is clearly formed by a raccoon footprint -- the eyes probably are too.”


Lastly, Louis and Katie Mihniak from Lake Lure, NC told us: “Our igloo melted like this all by itself.”


Crocus C says:

Thank you all for submitting your pictures. You have helped us in saying farewell to Old Man Winter for another 9 months.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: