Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dia de la Abby #24: Beaded Skull Broach


I've been making jewelry and hand sewing for many years, but I hadn't tired doing nice beading until recently when I made a bridal veil for a close friend. Though the process of beading isn't hard, it is precise and time consuming. Still, I like making those type of projects. I wanted to take my basic knowledge beyond well basic. Though I knew how to do the skull part, the rest of the details (of which I have explained it all in the tutorial), I just learned to do Monday and Tuesday. Of course like any hand sewing project, I'm a quick learner, so I took the basic instructions and added to them to make what I thought to be a better constructed broach. I still want to challenge myself with hand beading, so I know there will be other more intricate projects in the future. Maybe Skull related...but that is for later.

Every week in the 4.0 year, I will be post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

No comments: