Friday, November 26, 2010

[Flashback Friday] #205. (Light As A) Feather Skull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Tatman, and myself, Azurafae, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

#10 - #205. (Light As A) Feather Skull

I chose this one for two reasons. One, yesterday was Thanksgiving, so this reminds me of the many turkeys that were consumed yesterday. A feather skull, seems appropriate. The other reason is that simply it's a beautiful and delicate piece. Feathers are temperamental to work with. I make fascinators and other hair accesories, where I use feathers. You might have lots of down on you when you are done, but you also have a beautiful delicate piece to be proud of. I like how Noah used the natural curves of the feathers to shape the skull details in the face. The side and back of the skull have a lumpy texture, but I've never seen a smooth skull, so this works well too. I have the sudden urge to break out the messy feathers and make more hair accessories. It's like Hermes for your head.

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

No comments: