Thursday, April 28, 2011

Higby Skeleton Doll

Megan from Rochester, NY, submitted photos of Higby, her little crocheted buddy.  "This is where he resides--in his haunted house--which is on display year round. The design didn't call for the heart, but I added it tucked behind his thready ribs because I knew he had a creepy cute soul." If you have any questions about the design you can contact Megan, yanksmeg2@hotmail.com





Making a crocheted item can be very therapeutic. Making a sculptural object is harder than say, a scarf...well depending on the type of scarf. However, with practice, anything you do will get easier. I have seen the pattern for this style doll in various places. It's a great one if you want to expand your crochet skills into something sculptural. The shape is a bit like Matryoshka dolls (Russian nesting dolls). I like how how Megan expanded on this design, with the yarn color choices and the details. The button heart is a cute way to make this a bit more eerie. There are lots of free crochet doll patterns on the internet. I just recently started making crocheted dolls. This Little Ninja and Lily Doll (sign up is free) are my favorites to use.


Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in today's drawing to win a button just leave a comment below stating: What kind of adventures would you take a skeleton doll on? I would take mine to Paris, France to see the catacombs.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you 
(either an e-mail in the post OR make sure your Blogger profile has an e-mail link for you on it).

NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I would keep my skeleton doll inside my super big giant purse... and if you saw my super big giant purse, you would understand that's a scary crazy adventure.

Anonymous said...

i could set one of these guys next to my crocheted heart....

a perfect match...