Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dia de la Abby #60: Calavera Fairy

This drawing happened because I wanted to draw something that mixed my old and new styles of drawing.


 I started drawing figures like this back in college, when I wanted to expand my use of body proportions for something other than fashion design figures. I used to draw a lot of fairies, so I wanted to use that concept, but add a Dia de los Muertos inspiration to it. I drew it in pencil first and then painstakingly inked it in. I plan on drawing more figures and adding water color paints to them. For this one, I like the black and white the way it is.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

No comments: